DeSoto County Child Support & Custody Attorney
Securing Agreements That Support Your Child’s Best Interests
All parents want the best for their children. Divorces can throw a wrench in their plans and place considerable strain on both parents and children. At Heidi S. Milam, Attorney at Law, PLLC, we care about your children too. As a team with a strong background in family law, we emphasize achieving our client's goals and taking care of their children. From divorce to paternity proceedings and adoption, we do it all. But child custody is where our efforts are most often deployed. We want to help you secure custody of your children, negotiate fair visitation rights with the custodial parent, and draft support arrangements that ensure your children are well taken care of. Our child custody lawyer in DeSoto County also handles proposed child relocations, custody agreement modifications, and more.
Call (662) 855-0027 today to schedule a free initial consultation. Our firm is committed to ensuring that your child’s needs are fully met.
Negotiated Child Custody Settlements for Happy Families In Desoto County
Heidi S. Milam reviews her clients’ situations and discusses their options based on their circumstances. No two custody situations are the same. In many cases, a custody arrangement occurs through a negotiated solution between both parties. These situations are always preferred over a protracted and contentious court battle. Custody involves more than who the child lives with. It also includes an agreement regarding the child’s education, religion, and upbringing. Usually, one parent gains primary custody while the other gets regular visitation rights. We believe a negotiated settlement is best for the parents and the children and results in the fairest outcome for all parties. Unfortunately, they aren’t always possible.
We Help Secure Child Custody During Contentious Battles In Desoto County
In cases where neither party can agree on a negotiated arrangement, child custody heads to the courts. In this case, a judge will decide where the child lives based on what they see as the “best interests of the child.” And while this might seem out of your hands, it is not. Heidi S. Milam, Attorney at Law, PLLC will represent your interests in court to try to win custody over your child through litigation. While it isn’t the preferred method, we can handle the challenge when it is required.
How Can An Attorney Help You With Child Support In Desoto County, MS?
Having an experienced attorney by your side is critical for helping to ensure that you have all of the resources and guidance that you need to effectively set up or modify child support.
A child support attorney can help you in the following ways:
- Legal Advice: Your attorney will guide you through each step of the legal process associated with child support, and will ensure that you have important legal information available to you regarding your parental rights.
- Estimation & Modification: Your lawyer will help you estimate and/or modify child support, taking into account all factors that need to be accounted for.
- Answers: Having questions is understandable, and your child support attorney will be able to help navigate any confusion you may have by providing you with answers and added clarity.
- Evidence: Your attorney will be responsible for collecting and putting together strong evidence to support your case.
- Representation: You can rest assured that you will be represented by a lawyer who is experienced and reputable when it comes to child support as well as other family matters.
Contact our attorneys in Desoto, MS County today, and let us help you with child support and child custody matters.
We Fight for Child Custody
Finally, we secure child support payments for custodial parents. These payments depend on a variety of factors, including the income of the noncustodial parent and statutory guidelines presented by the State of Mississippi. In addition to the initial agreement, our legal specialists can go to court to win a modification of the original order if the noncustodial parent has increased their income. We offer free consultations.